WELCOME TO BASSETT LAWN TENNIS CLUB
Bassett Lawn Tennis Club was founded in 1924 and is currently one of Hampshire's leading tennis centres.
The club always welcomes new members, regardless of their playing ability - at Bassett there is something for everyone, including:
- Opportunities to play competitively in one of the club's ladies', men's or mixed teams
- Regular club mix-ins
- Social events
- An extensive programme for junior members
- Individual coaching with qualified coaches
Opening Season Members Tournament 2015
Sunday April 12th - 2.30pm startOpening Tournament 12th AprilYou are invited to the opening tournament to mark the start of the summer season on Sunday 12th April at 2.30. Everyone is welcome to enter and the format will be a rotation of doubles pairings. Please come and support this event, enjoy some tennis and bring a plate of food to share. Our coach Andy Brown is organising the event and has asked people to sign up in advance to make this easier for him, so please sign up in the club house. He has also ordered good weather so hopefully the sun will shine for us at last!
- Sign up in the clubhouse before Sunday April 5th
- Bring a plate of food to share
- Prizes for the winners
- Date:19 12:03:31 March , 2015
Bassett Match Results
- Next Matches Coming Up-- End of Summer Season --
Hants & IOW DoublesLadies' / Division 3a
19.7.: Away at David Lloyds ; Win 5:4
End of Season: 2nd placeMen's A / Division 4b
05.7.: Away at Riverside A ; Loss 4:5
End of Season: 2nd placeMen's B / Division 5b
03.8.: Away at Totton B ; Loss 3:6End of Season: 3rd place
Men's 45 / Division 2
23.7.: Home vs Salisbury B ; Win 4:0End of Season: 1st. placePromotion to Div. 1Apsley Mixed
Apsley A / Division 1
06.9.: Away at Swanmore A ; Win 7:1End of Season: 1st place
Promotion to Premier LeagueApsley B / Division 3
30.8.: Away at Warsash C ; Draw 4:4Interrupted Portswood match Sept...
- Date:16 20:15:06 January , 2014
Wimbledon Ballot 2015
- Thanks to everyone who joined the British Tennis Association, and as a result of this Bassett has been allocated 11 pairs of tickets for Wimbledon, which is a big improvement on last year’s allocation. We are holding a ballot for these tickets at the club on the evening of May 1st, when we have our first summer monthly social mix-ins and BBQ. Eligible members - i.e current Bassett members who are members of the BTA and have linked their membership to Bassett, may sign up for the ballot in the club house from 12th April. If you are unable to attend the ballot on May 1st in person you may provide a contact number or nominate a proxy person to accept tickets on your behalf if you are lucky enough to have your name drawn from the hat!
- Date:10 20:33:55 December , 2014